Consulting with Families Affected by Hearing Loss
For families that are concerned about management of their child’s hearing loss, I consult regarding any and all of the following:
- management of technology (including hearing aids, cochlear implants, and FM systems),
- cochlear implant candidacy,
- selection of appropriate therapy,
- school placement, and
- advocating with school districts to obtain necessary services.
After an initial conversation by phone or e-mail, I will review the following:
- audiologic evaluations,
- hearing aid evaluations,
- cochlear implant evaluations,
- speech language pathology evaluations and therapy reports,
- auditory-verbal therapy evaluations and reports,
- psycho-educational evaluations,
- medical evaluations, and
- school reports.
After reviewing these evaluations I will meet with the family and make recommendations. At the family’s request I can:
- communicate with other professionals working with the family about management,
- make referrals for additional evaluations, and
- make referrals for additional services.
We can communicate by mail, phone, e-mail, FAX, and face-to-face meetings.
To begin the process, contact me at Jane(at)JaneMadell.com.
Consulting with Families with Children Affected by Other Auditory Function Disorders
Children with normal hearing can still have an auditory function disorder – including:
- auditory processing disorder,
- sound hyper-sensitivity, and
- auditory attention disorder.
Families can contact me to obtain information about how I can be of assistance.